ANSI MH26.2 Standard.
The test is based on the following guiding principles:
- A factor of safety of 1,67
- The factor of safety has a direct link with the factor of safety of the pallet racks
- The test does not account for falling and/or point load
The method of testing:
The double line load test
The machinery has to meet the set demands
The double line load test method. In this method the line loads are placed on the first and third quarter area and are mathematically equal to the evenly distributed load of the wire shelving.
The test protocol
- Strain both lines until they reach the maximum deflection (=depth shelve/165). Label this strain as W1.
- Strain both lines until the shelve is structurally deformed. Label this strain as W2 and divide it by 2.
- The lowest strain( either W1 or W2) will be the evenly distributed load.
- This value will then equal a factor of safety of 1,67.